Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crumbs and Scraps 2 update

It's been taking some time now since it is no longer mindless lol, but enjoyable all the same, as I am enjoying the journey.


The middle section is fininshed except for the final border. The right section has it's last block to work around and so does the the left section....

The middle section took some rummaging around in my stash as I couldn't find what I wanted in the scraps. I will have to take a close-up of that section so you can see it properly.

The middle is halfway between the two poles lol, I will let you interpret it youselves.


Here you can see the way the set up is going to go.

I had three intricate blocks to do, that I wanted to be the center of the next two sections. I looked through my Barbara Brackman encyclopedia book for blocks I could use for my idea, found them in Block Base and pulled them into EQ and made paper piecing patterns. I couldn't do all PP, some parts had to be pieced and some had templates. I am so glad I have these programs. I was able to do just what I wanted. YOu can read about and get them here. The blocks took all day to make. I have the cross and the church to go on the right side section.

and the dove for the left section.

I thought you might like to see how the dove went together.

I print out two patterns and cut one up. One is used as a map, so it's less confusing where the pieces go.



















No comments: