Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Painting Gourd, Second Stage


 

 
 
Second stage: I added some glazing medium to Sapphire Blue and a little water and pulled a wash over the plums and grapes. When this was dry, I pulled some extender over them and highlighted the plums and grapes with aquamarine+white and shaded with Burgundy. The shading and highlighting is not side loaded but instead is patted on and blended with the #6 filbert brush. I used my finger to pat here and there and it’s amazing how well the paint behaves, just like oils.

The Strawberries and cherries use the same technique. Highlight with Vermillion and then Hansa Yellow Light and shade with Burgundy.

I did the all the above at least twice. I will now add the leaves and some fru,fru, Glaze the whole Gourd, dry and add the final highlights and tints.

No comments: