Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Indian Orange Peel Complete


Wheeeeeeeee, I have finished the quilt. It is machine quilted and the binding is on. I have been working on this quilt off and on for about two years, I think. Its so work intense that you have to take breaks and do fast quick stuff in-between.

I did a plain two inch black border (ends up to be 1 1/2 finished and did the binding in a black print. The backing is an orange print and I sewed in a yellow patch and used it for my label.






Here is a nice close up, you can see the corners better. I took these pics just now at night. I am soooo glad that I decided to buckle down and finish this quilt, it was a duessy.

I love the coloring and how it came out. It was really worth all the work and time.

This is a Karen Stone pattern out of her book. I also bought the software for the book to print the patterns from. You have to have the  Electric Quilt software here in order to use the Karen Stone software for the patterns. The pattern are in the book but you have to enlarge them.

EQ sells all kinds of neat software for quilting. One of my most favorite is, "Block Base" by Barbara Brackman. This software is a stand alone program. You can just install it and use it to find and print over 4300 blocks in the size you want. You can pick a block and instantly see a quick quilt with the block of your choice. It is wonderful.

EQ is having a 50% sale right now on some things while supplies last.

1 comment:

Jane Teague said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!