Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wired Doll Chair

I am always looking for doll chairs and when I do find them, they are very, very expensive. I decided I would try to make some on my own, so I bought a booklet by EPB named, SitDown lol. (If you don't see what you want, just ask Beth, she is very nice and handles all of EPB's stuff.) Get her face painting kit and try it and her DVD is excellent!!

I started the wire frame with 14gauge wire. It seems a bit crooked but I still have some adjustments to make and things always look the worst at the beginning. Here you can see that I have already started to wrap it with batting. See? it's good to save scraps lol.
Here it is with extra wire around the legs to keep it steady. I ran two piece of wire up the chair back and two pieces in the seat. It is very sturdy and strong as it has a good foundation now.

I am now going to add some stuffing and fabric and beading, of course and see what becomes of it. the seat seems to be a bit larger on one side but I will adjust that with extra stuffing etc. or add an extension of wire.

The booklet also has several chairs, couches in it. The foot stool is a riot. Well, you know  EPB's  style, if you have made some of her dolls.

No comments: