Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

THE PUPPY CHRONICLES

I haven't had a new baby puppy in 18 years and I couldn't stand it any longer lol. I went on a search and found this darling Pappillion/Chihuahua, mix. I named her Emily.

Emily weighs 2 lb 2 oz, as far as I can recall but they alway look bigger in the pic. Hubby is holding her.

Ever since I can remember, when I was a kid and we would get a puppy, we would make it a hammock. Well here is Emily in her hammock and she loves it.
Here is Emily as she only manages to get halfway in lol.



Asleep with her Cow.
I knew Emily would be loney and she needed some buddy to grow up with, so I went on the search again. I am a bit partial to a Chi mix. I found this little cutie at a wight of 1 pound. She is a mix of Chi/dachund/mini pincher. She has no tail. It was a bit of touch and go with her but with the Vet's help we got her going.
Her name is Milly. She has beautiful brindle black and cream on her legs. She is the tiniest, cutest little thing. I made them both matching t-shirts with a tab on the back to put the leash. The are now both potty trained. They go outside. It's never too early to train them.

Of course Milly had to have a hammock as well. Emily is trying to coax her out to play.

Here she is sound asleep in her own private hammock.


Here is a pic of both of them napping.....lol
When we first got Milly, last Friday, she cried for four nights straight. I had to get up every 2 hours or less to hold her. It was like having a baby with colic. Last night was the first night she slept through the night and we found out how.

This morning, we found both of them in the same hammock. I suppose Emily couldn't take the crying and got in the hammock with her. It's amazing how quickly they learn to get in and out of the hammock and it's their favorite place to sleep at night. At one pound milly sure gets around now...playing and eating and fighting with Emily lol....

We have made the tv room into a nusery for them....oh well, it's our joy lol...here is a pic of the nusery. I have put the end table on top of the the other tables and just arranged it so it would be comfortable. The bench in the front holds the extra t-shirts, food, leashes, diapers(for wrapping and holding Milly) and baby wipes.
I made them their own couch from pillows that I saved from an old couch. Most of the time, it is where I am on the floor, playing with them or just watching them...what great therapy.

1 comment:

sistersoftheart said...

They are adorable! What fun!!